What Wet/Dry vacuums can be used in the integrated configuration?
The following is a list of vacuums that have been successfully used on our bee vac.
NOTE: Only vacuums with “detachable blower” (ie. leaf blower) are supported for integrated use. Please let us know if you have found another model vacuum that works with our integrated mount.
Models in BLUE are current models.
Order Ridgid mount:
- RIDGID 4 Gallon 6.0-Peak HP Wet/Dry Shop Vacuum with Detachable Blower, Fine Dust Filter, Hose and Accessories Model # WD4080
- RIDGID 12 Gal. 6.0-Peak HP NXT Wet/Dry Shop Vacuum with Detachable Blower, Filter, Dust Bag, Hose and Accessories Model # HD1280
- RIDGID 16 Gal. 6.5-Peak HP NXT Wet/Dry Shop Vacuum with Detachable Blower Model # HD1600
- RIDGID 16 Gal. 6.5-Peak HP NXT Wet/Dry Shop Vacuum with Detachable Blower, 20 ft. Hose Model # HD1600D
- RIDGID 12 Gallon Wet/Dry Vac w/ Detachable Blower Model # WD1280
- RIDGID 16 Gallon Wet/Dry Vac w/ Detachable Blower Models # WD1665
- RIDGID 16 Gallon Wet/Dry Vac w/ Detachable Blower Models # WD1680
- Craftsman 12 Gallon Detachable Wet/Dry Vac | Sears Item# 00917557000 | Model# 17557
- Craftsman 16-gal 6.5-peak hp Wet/Dry Vac with Detachable Blower | Sears Item# 00917066000 | Model# 17066
Order Shop-Vac mount:
- We are unaware of any current Shop Vac models. Read more about the current Shop Vac situation.
- Shop-Vac 16-Gallon 6.5-Peak HP Shop Vacuum | Lowe’s item # 142518 | Model # 9311711
- Shop-Vac 12-Gallon 6.5-Peak HP Shop Vacuum | Lowe’s item # 549707 | Model # 9313211
- Shop-Vac 12-Gallon Shop Vacuum | Lowe’s item # 1061455 | Model # 9315011
What type of vacuum hose is recommended?
Let’s address a common misconception about corrugated shop vac hose. Although the outside appears very bumpy, the inside bore of the hose is much smoother.Our experience has been, with proper suction, we can get close to zero mortality. We say close because it is next to impossible to do a removal and not injure a few bees with the nozzle or suck up some debris and/or dead bees. It is not uncommon to end up with less than a dozen dead bees in the bottom of the vac when used correctly.
Many people will recommend using a smaller diameter smooth bore hose. This hose is much stiffer and less functional than 2-1/2″ shop vac type hose.
I will also offer this analogy. If you run down a winding 2ft wide hallway as fast as you can, you will be hitting the walls many more times than if running down a 4ft wide hallway. I believe the amount of suction is much more important than the minor corrugations in the shop vac hose. Also with the larger hose, you are less likely to get clogs of bees.
What extension vacuum hoses can be used?
Our personal hose of choice is:
RIDGID 2-1/2 in. x 20 ft. Tug-A-Long Vacuum Hose for RIDGID Wet Dry Vacs
This tends to be the ideal length for us and does not require joining multiple, shorter sections together. It is also the best priced option.
Other options are: